Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved N1 billion for the immediate take-off of the Federal University of Agriculture and Entrepreneurship in Bama.

The approval came on Monday when an inter-ministerial delegation visited the Government House for an assessment of the facilities designated for the new institution.

The delegation included officials from the Federal Ministry of Education, the National Universities Commission, the Budget Office, and the Office of the Head of Service.

The university was created after a bill sponsored by Senator Kaka Shehu Lawan was signed into law by the President on May 22, 2025.

Governor Zulum had earlier handed over the Umar Ibn Ibrahim Elkanemi College of Education, Science and Technology in Bama to the federal government to ensure a smooth and quick take-off.

“I want to announce the donation of ₦1 billion for the take off of the University,” Zulum said.

He directed the Commissioner for Education to identify the priority areas that require immediate support.

Zulum said the state must provide the necessary environment for the institution to begin operations despite being federally owned.

He noted that every federal institution in the state contributes directly to the development of Borno.

The governor also promised to construct staff quarters and offer additional assistance to strengthen the institution’s foundation.

He appreciated President Bola Tinubu, Vice President Kashim Shettima, Senator Kaka Shehu Lawan, and the minister of education for their roles in making the university a reality.

Leader of the federal delegation and Director of University Education, Hajiya Rakiya Gambo Iliyasu, said the team inspected the facilities earlier in the day.

“The institution has what it needs to begin operations, the team will now proceed with staff verification,” she added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here